In the Bible, there are many stories of people who God took ahold of their lives and flipped them a complete 180. Just think about it...
- childless man
- No hope for an heir from his wife Sarai
- Doesn't know God
- Follower of God
- Given the son God promised him thru Sarai/Sarah(Isaac)
- Becomes the Father of all Jewish people
- Poor Jewish girl
- Living in captivity
- Queen of all Persia
- Used by God to save the Jewish people
- Kills Christians for a living
- Does everything he can to stop the spread of the Story of Jesus
- One of the greatest missionaries of all time
- Spreads the gospel of Jesus and strengthens the church
- Ultimately gives his own life for serving Christ
I look at these people and it gives me hope. If God can defy nature and give Abraham a son and he can use a murdered like Saul who persecuted the church to reach people for Himself, then surely he can use me too. We all have areas in our lives where God is calling us to do a 180. He wants us to allow Him to give us an Xtreme Makeover. He wants to be the builder and perfector of our faith.
Think About It:
- What areas in your life does God need to change?
- Are you willing to let God come in and tear those areas apart so that He can make them beautiful and useful?
- Are you ready to let God give you an Xtreme Makeover?