Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Don't Know What to Pray

"...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

It's been one of those days...who am I kidding? It's been one of those months! It seems that everything I pray for is bouncing off the ceiling. When God does answer my prayers it seems like they are the ones that I never actually verbalized. That leaves me feeling more than a little confused. Now I don't know what to pray.

Thankfully, God promises that when we don't know what to pray the Holy Spirit intercedes for us (Rom 8:26). This is a lot of what I have been experiencing lately. God has truly met my needs and has answered the desires of my heart that I didn't really know were there until they were answered or couldn't find a way to put them into words.

So even when my prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling and I don't know what to pray. I can rest in the promise that the Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf and that God hears and answers those prayers. Besides, they put my true needs so much better than I ever could.

Thank you, God, for sending the Holy Spirit to live in me and to intercede on my behalf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have felt this way too lately. Don't know what it is. I am thankful that God's faithfulness and His answers don't depend on me remembering to ask all the right questions because I am so forgetful and when I do remember to ask I don't always ask for the right things. Good thing God knows me even better than I know myself.